ESPAS – at the heart of EU foresight
The European Strategy and Policy Analysis System (ESPAS) provides a framework for cooperation and consultation at administrative level between the European Parliament, the European Commission, the Council of the European Union, and the European External Action Service, with the European Investment Bank, the Committee of the Regions, the European Economic and Social Committee, the European Union Institute for Security Studies and the European Court of Auditors as observers, to work together on medium and long-term trends facing or relating to the European Union.
Fireside chat with Maroš Šefčovič
European Commission Vice-President
ESPAS Conference, 18-19 November 2021
Shaping Europe's future: Global trends and strategic choices
Key messages from the European Commission’s 2nd Annual Strategic Foresight Report
Europe, America and the Indo-Pacific: The geopolitics of the future. 19 November 2021
Latest Foresight publications
- ESPAS Ideas Paper on the Geopolitics of Health
- European Commission Strategic Foresight Report 2022: 'Twinning the green and digital transition in the new geopolitical context'
- Joint Research Centre's Science for Policy Report: 'Towards a green and digital future. Key requirements for successful twin transitions in the European Union'
- ESPAS Ideas Paper on Populism
- ESPAS Global Trends Mid-Term Report: The Global Future – An Update
- European Commission 2021 Strategic foresight report : The EU’s capacity and freedom to act
- Joint Research Centre (JRC)’s Science for policy report : ‘Shaping & securing the EU’s Open Strategic Autonomy by 2040 and beyond’
- ESPAS report 2019 : Global Trends to 2030
An Inter-institutional EU Project
ESPAS provides a framework for cooperation and consultation at administrative level to work together on medium and long-term trends facing or relating to the European Union.
The first global foresight hub
ORBIS is the world's largest library of prospective studies at your fingertips. Read, learn and contemplate a wide variety of topics that concern you and the rest of the world's citizens.